Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Building a shed for under 150.00

I recently moved to a very nice home that did not have a shed. I have a lot of outdoor stuff that needs to go somewhere safe and dry. Rather than buy a $300-$400 shed at Lowes or Home Depot, I decided to see how cheap I could go and still produce a decent shed. So here we go.


Framed and the beginnings of the siding and roof drip edges. (also notice the cement walkway built of poured cement into brick framed molds.)



The below is the shingles up and the beginning of the trim work. At this stage, I have spent about 75.00. Notice the inside of the shed is bare. This will be the last of the work to be done. I will be constructing the doors and solar lighting first.

Walk around video



The Trim still needs sanding and the entire shed needs to be painted to match the house color. It also needs the inside walls and shelves as well so there will be updated pix once that is done.

I am no expert, but I do like how it is coming along so far. Once it is done, all my crap can go in there and free up the small back yard I have.

Just to clear up some possible confusion, here is the break down of cost so far.

Already Purchased

  • 2x4 = 14 at $1.75 each
  • 4x8 sheathing = $8.00 each
  • 3 inch screws = $5.00
  • 3 Shingles =$2.60 (The rest was given to me by a friend who had leftovers.
  • Siding = Free (I drove around looking for currently renovated houses with siding on the curb for trash.)
  • Drip edges = $6.99 for 3 10ft pieces
  • Roofing nails = $4.00 a box

To be purchased

  • 3 Sheets of 4x8 Sheathing = $21.00
  • 1 1/2 inch screws = $5.00
  • 5 2x4 = $1.75 each
  • Solar Light = $15.00
  • Exterior Paint = $16.00


Estimated Total: $124.65


There will be another $25.00 or so in shelving supplies.

I will post more pictures as I progress


Project to come

  • Brick Grill base
  • Fenced Garden Area
  • Under Garden Rain Water Irrigation System
  • Cement Bi-Level Table for Back Yard.


Projects Completed ready to blog

  • Blue Led Fish Tank Lighting
  • First Time Gardener Tips and No Nos
  • Building a Kitchen Base Cabinet
  • Building a Router Table and Storage Base
  • Kitchen Gut and Rebuild

No comments:

Post a Comment